Wednesday, May 23, 2012

PROJECT THREE :: Building Form

After discussion with my tutor, we came up with the idea of having the form of each of my building blocks as open books. With this we also discussed the idea of having the most popular/sold book projected onto the side of the buildings at night time.

I have looked into how this building might go together and have come up with a few ideas through a rough conceptual model. I have tried two versions, both the same idea, just different configurations.




This was my first attempt, and I was looking at having the reading spaces small and humble with ceilings only 3m high. The spaces are smaller and each one is connected to the cliff, but not necessarily in a straight line.




This second version the reading spaces are larger ceilings of about 7m and slightly larger floor space. The spaces are practically positioned on top of each other, just jutting out of the cliff at different lengths.

I'm leaning towards the second model, as I think integrating spaces for this design would be more achievable. It is also a more dominant figure and brings attention to the space.

No comments:

Post a Comment