Tuesday, May 1, 2012

PROJECT TWO :: Building Concept

Whilst I have uploaded a building envelope (a very rough design at that), I have been looking into spatial arrangements to best utilise the site, the views and achieve what sort of a building I would like to have.

Spatial Analysis
Through talks with my tutor, Yvonne, we have discussed what would be the best option for a learning experience that is a place which offers people a place to 'swarm' to; a place of networking. I was thinking of an art gallery, a space where artists from surrounding areas and the greater brisbane a place to showcase their creations and possibly sell their artwork. I was then thinking that there could also be an art studio for people from the surrounding suburbs (schools, residents, business men/women) a place to learn art. While I was some what pleased with this idea, we decided that the idea of an art studio would not be a very sustainable addition to the building. 
So… with that I have instead gone with a secondhand book shop. It will be a shop that will provide secondhand, pre-loved and cherished books in an electronic digital form. I am hoping that this book shop will also provide spaces to enjoy these secondhand books and e-books and for it to be the go to place for all the secondhand books (electronically) as well as the ability to access the location of the paperback options; allowing people to order those books to this store. Obviously I will have to do some additional research to make sure that I have considered all the options and possibilities for this idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment