Tuesday, March 13, 2012

PROCESS :: Walkshop

My Walkshop entry for DAB525


I completed the walkshop March 7th. It was a workshop that really opened my eyes to the layout and elements of Brisbane City and how the Howard Smith Wharves relate to the city. I arrived at HSW via the central streets of the city and from the boardwalk that passes the Riparian Plaza, Customs House etc.
I drive over the Story Bridge at least once a week and I have to admit that HSW is a place that I don't generally think about. I finished the walkshop riverside, next to the Wharves. The space occupied is really quite a large space. It has the shade of the bridge above, and the cliffs surrounding it are covered with greenery. It is extremely run down and "messy," but there is so much history to this site. There is also a sense of unknown.

Images of my Journey to Howard Smith Wharves:




















No comments:

Post a Comment